Thursday, May 17, 2012

THURSDAY TOPS: WAKA FLOCKA (XXL MAGAZINE COVER) #LARGERxTHANxLIFE

XXL has unveiled it's June 2012 cover and Waka Flocka Flame is featured. The Brick Squad Monopoly General talks about the death of his good friend Slim Dunkin, the emergence of his label and a lot more. Check out an excerpt from his interview with the publication.



-“I don’t feel like a celebrity, or this quote-unquote star everybody talk about. I guess Waka Flocka like a job, honestly. I’m at my job right now, so I gotta do it to my fullest.



-“I got a whole label, man. We fire. We the new Wu-Tang, Roc-A-Fella. We what these labels are trying to create right now. We the new Cash Money. Squad! Flockaveli was the return of gangsta. I brought gangsta back, man.”



-“I’m a hipster in my own sense. My little brother’s a hipster a little. Like, he’s a real f*ckin’ hipster. Like, a rock-star hipster, so I f*ck with ’em. U grew up f*ckin’ with ’em. So it don’t matter. I’m with that. I smoke harder than them no matter what. I’m a “Flockster.”



-“Dunk died, I couldn’t do sh*t four months, almost five moths straight. I couldn’t stay down long forever, cause bills gotta be paid, mouths to be fed. But that s*** took a toll on us, man. Like right now, from December to f*ckin’ April…That’s how long it took me to bounce back my n*gga. That sh*t crazy.”



The June issue of XXL hits newsstands on May 29

No comments:

Post a Comment